The first line of defense against vision loss and damage is an annual visit to an optometrist. It's a simple thing to do, and it only takes a couple of minutes of your time. If you are experiencing any symptoms such as blurry vision, red eyes, pain in the eye, or light sensitivity, it might be a sign of some illness, visit us at Bay Ridge Family Eye Care to see an eye doctor right away. Our optometry professionals provide quality eye care services in Brooklyn NY.
Tips For Proper Eye Care
- Have regular eye exams every year, even if you can still see just fine because some health problems don't cause vision loss until much later.
- Wear protective eyewear when you are doing activities that risk having an eye injury, like playing sports or using tools.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun's harmful UV rays and decrease your risk of developing cataracts, macular degeneration, or other vision problems.
- Wash your hands regularly to prevent eye infections
- When you notice something unusual with your eyes, see an optometrist immediately for early diagnosis
Why Are Eye Care And Eye Checkups Important?
- They help in detecting early signs of serious eye diseases, and your eye doctor prescribes the right treatment. Some eye diseases can lead to permanent vision loss if not detected early; regular eye exams catch these early.
- Routine checkups can help you maintain better eye-sight and avoid vision problems that may disrupt your life
- Regular comprehensive eye exams are the best way to detect certain serious conditions such as high blood pressure and diabetes, which may make you prone to developing vision problems.
- Checkups help you detect common eye diseases such as glaucoma and age-related macular degeneration.
- A comprehensive eye exam is the best way to prepare for a trip abroad and also plan for your future medical needs.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Optometry Professionals in Brooklyn, NY
Eye care and checkups are very important, as the eyes are vital organs. If you have questions about maintaining your eye health, schedule an eye exam at Bay Ridge Family Eye Care. We guarantee high-quality care for your eyes. We offer a wide range of eye care services, and our optometry professionals are equipped with the knowledge and expertise required for all your eye care needs. To book an appointment, call us today at (718) 680-3270.